British Ferret Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice wanted

2 posters

Go down

Advice wanted Empty Advice wanted

Post  Hannah Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:10 am

Hi, I have 2 male ferrets who where introduced about a month ago due to one of our previous ferrets being stolen. They seem to be getting on quite well, with Beans (the one we've had the longest) bouncing around like he used to. However, over the past week I've heard a crying and when I've gone to check, Fert (the new one) is clamped to Beans neck. He hasn't caused extreme damage, just slight loss of fur and light skin damage, but I'm worried this is going to become a regular thing and it doesn't seem very fair to subject Bean to this on a daily basis. Does anyone have any advice on this? Many thanks in advance.

Hannah

Back to top Go down

Advice wanted Empty Re: Advice wanted

Post  Ebony&Ivory Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:19 am

Hannah why don't you register and become a member of the forum, then you can post in the right place and are more likely to get answers Smile
Have your boys been neutered?

Ebony&Ivory

Number of posts : 1969
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Hannah Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:33 am

I have registered - just waiting to be accepted!
They aren't neuted, this is nect on my 'to do list'. The biting doesn't seem malicious - he just clamps down and doesn't let go!

Hannah

Back to top Go down

Post  billyback Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:50 am

Hi and welcome. Definately get them neutered and you will be amazed at the difference in them. I had 3 kitts who have lived with me since they were 12 weeks old and they got on brilliantly till about february when all you heard was squealing, run out to the hutch to find the one attached to the others ear (turned out the one was starting it but the other retaliated which is when I would find them). I had them castrated and I now have 3 happy young boys who all get along. Very Happy
billyback
billyback

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum